Pope Francis cannot continue to remain silent as extremely vulnerable women and children with disabilities are being raped in Catholic Church and government institutions, as Church leaders protect the sexual predators allowing them to escape justice & destroy more lives
Pope Francis is still silent as the Jonathan Carey Foundation has revealed a rape cover-up scandal far greater than the Catholic Church pedophile priest scandal
We are at a defining moment in time to bring critical changes, we must protect our children and vulnerable people with disabilities. Leaders protecting sexual predators can no longer escape Justice.”
— Michael Carey – Advocate for people with disabilities and their families
ALBANY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, December 30, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — The questions now are why is Pope Francis silent? Why is the Pope not taking emergency actions to protect disabled women and children worldwide and in New York State, many of whom are Catholic, from being raped by sexual predators within Church and government institutions? Why is Pope Francis silent regarding atrocities that continue in New York State that his Church leaders are involved in that he is aware of?
Everyone knows that people with disabilities are victims of rape and sexual assault far more than the general public, yet why the deafening silence by Pope Francis who is the top leader of 1.2 billion Catholics worldwide? Only Pope Francis can answer these questions, but to date, the only shot back over the bow from the Pope himself has been to criticize ‘fake news’. Pope Francis, Bishop Scarfenberger, Cardinal Dolan and New York’s Governor Cuomo, who is a Catholic, have not denied the real news that the Jonathan Carey Foundations continues to expose.
To make the facts clear for everyone all across the world, the Jonathan Carey Foundation and its founder Michael Carey, will lay out the public indictment. The undisputable facts and these numerous reputable news stories are real news that Pope Francis cannot deny;
• 1972 – Willowbrook Institutional abuse and horrors exposed by Geraldo Rivera
• 2002 – Spotlight investigative reporters from the Boston Globe begin to release a series exposing the Catholic Church pedophile sex cover-up scandal. Dozens of pedophile priests in Boston alone were protected from prosecution by Church leaders and moved from parish to parish. This extremely damning series led to hundreds of pedophile priests being exposed and billions in payouts to rape victims.
“Since the mid-1990s, more than 130 people have come forward with horrific childhood tales about how former priest John J. Geoghan allegedly fondled or raped them during a three-decade spree through a half-dozen Greater Boston parishes.”
• December 2002 – Cardinal Bernard Law was aware and involved in protecting Geoghan and other sexual predator and pedophile priests and he was forced to resign. The Catholic Church protected Cardinal Law from prosecution and from spending the rest of his life in prison for his crimes and instead promoted him to Rome.
• 2011 – The New York Times award winning “Abused and Used” investigative reporting series which became a runner up for a Pulitzer Prize came out throughout all of 2011. This damning series exposed New York State’s extremely dangerous and deadly mental health care system which is rampant with physical and sexual abuse.
• 2007 -current- For over ten years Attorney General Cuomo and then Governor Andrew Cuomo have protected countless sexual predators, pedophiles and rapists within State run and private mental health facilities and group homes from being fired and from being prosecuted. This timeline proves years of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s direct involvement.
• 2013 – New York Times Editorial Board blasts Governor Cuomo for not changing anything and allowing the culture of abuse and cover-ups to continue. The Times clearly and rightfully lays the blame upon Governor Cuomo for his failure to ensure the most basic safety measures are put in place to protect the disabled, specifically cameras to prevent crimes and collect evidence, as well as police involvement.
“Two-and-a-half years ago, The Times reported horrifying abuse of people with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses by state employees, who were rarely punished for it. Gov. Andrew Cuomo promised action. But too little appears to have changed.”
“There is much the governor could do. He could require surveillance cameras in these facilities, just as prisons have them. He could make sure that the police get more involved.”
• The rampant sexual assaults and rapes of women and children with disabilities continue without anything being done to stop or prevent these heinous sex crimes or cover-ups. Almost all are never reported to local police or county prosecutors to ensure the protection of the sexual predators and pedophile caregivers, instead of the disabled. Here are the numbers within only one of six of Governor Cuomo’s mental health agencies, the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) – 325 reported sexual assaults every 3 months or 1,300 annually. The real numbers are close to 43,000 sexual assaults or rapes of the developmentally disabled in this one State agency alone annually or a third of its population. Only 3% of these sex crimes will ever be witnessed or reported according to this is a very important study and report titled, “Prevalence of Violence.”
• 2014 -Present – Both Cardinal Timothy Dolan and Bishop Edward Scharfenberger ignore numerous pleas for help for the disabled from leading civil and disability rights advocate Michael Carey and instead choose to protect institutions, money and the sexual predators and pedophiles raping our most vulnerable.
• 2017 – Convicted pedophile and former New York State employed caregiver that regularly preyed on at least one disabled child for close to two years within Cuomo’s mental health agency, Stephen DeProspero called Cuomo’s system “a predators dream.”
“New York State is paying $3 million to the family of developmentally disabled boy repeatedly molested by a staffer at a state-run group home who later wrote that lax supervision at the facility made it "a predator's dream."
"The lack of supervision there made it easy to do what I did," DeProspero said in a handwritten affidavit obtained by The Associated Press. "I could have stayed in that house for years and abused him every day without anybody even noticing at all. It was a predator's dream."
• Cardinal Bernard Law died reigniting a firestorm surrounding rape of children by priests, the cover-ups and how Catholic Church leaders that commit some of the most egregious crimes have escaped justice.
• December 2017 -Pope Francis must now address this international crisis surrounding sexual predators preying on the disabled which is occurring in a far greater scope worldwide than the pedophile priest sex scandal. Pope Francis’s actions now are critical for the Catholic Church to makes significant changes. The Pope must start by removing all the Bishops and Cardinals involved in guarding the sexual predators and the Catholic Church Institution, instead of the most vulnerable. This damning New York Times news about Australia is incredibly important and the quotes below are extremely powerful.
Australia and Catholic Church ‘Failed’ Abused Children, Inquiry Finds
“Tens of thousands of children have been sexually abused in many Australian institutions,” said the report, which was particularly critical of Catholic organizations. “We will never know the true number. Whatever the number, it is a national tragedy, perpetrated over generations within many of our most trusted institutions.”
“It is not a case of a few rotten apples,” the report said. “Society’s major institutions have seriously failed. In many cases those failings have been exacerbated by a manifestly inadequate response to the abused person. The problems have been so widespread, and the nature of the abuse so heinous, that it is difficult to comprehend.”
It is important to repeat this quote again because of the significance of this statement; “Society’s major institutions have seriously failed”
“This quote is true, it is a fact – the Catholic Church has failed in this area. New York State has failed in this area. Many people in top positions of authority in many different institutions have failed to protect our children and people with disabilities. We are at a defining moment in time to bring critical changes, we must protect our children and vulnerable people with disabilities. Leaders protecting sexual predators can no longer escape Justice.Pope Francis must also speak out against these gross injustices and we must work together to stop the rapes and criminal cover-ups and we must finally end decades of discrimination against our most vulnerable.” – Michael Carey
The Jonathan Carey Foundation has been doing the investigative research and reporting on these atrocities for years similar to what the Boston Globe has done. Michael Carey, the founder, has worked night and day to bring the truth to light so that precious people with disabilities will finally be protected from these sexual predators and pedophiles. The truth must be told, Governor Cuomo is the worst of the worst enablers and protectors of these sexual predators imaginable, because with full knowledge, he has directed the criminal cover-ups of almost all sex crimes occurring within his agencies. At the same time both Bishop Edward Scharfenberger and Cardinal Timothy Dolan have known and have looked the other way.
Michael Carey is calling on Pope Francis to step up to the plate in a big way to begin to deal with the much bigger problems that have never been addressed. Top Church leaders and governmental leaders are involved in protecting and enabling sexual predators to continue to violate and destroy countless lives, Pope Francis cannot continue to be silent, he must remove these individuals. Pope Francis must remove Bishop Scharfenberger and Cardinal Dolan from being able to continue to allow these sexual assaults, rapes, cover-ups – these atrocities to continue in New York State.
Pope Francis also has the responsibility to speak out against any governmental leader involved in such heinous sex cover-up crimes and he has an even greater responsibility when these leaders proclaim to be a Catholic. Governor Andrew Cuomo is a Catholic and Pope Francis must demand that he immediately resigns for being involved for over a decade in covering-up sex crimes and protecting countless sexual predators. It is time that true spiritual leaders stand out in the light and take all of their responsibilities seriously, the sexual harassment, sexual abuse, cover-ups and people enabling sexual predators is on the international stage right now.
Michael Carey’s hope and appeal to Pope Francs personally is for him to do what is right and just for the defenseless now and for the Pope to come along side to help champion the next greatest Civil Rights Movement. We must finally ensure the protection, safe care and services and equal rights for people with disabilities.
I would encourage everyone to pray for Pope Francis and the Catholic Church as a whole that great changes can come forth for the Church and Society. I would also encourage everyone to pray for Cardinal Dolan, Bishop Scharfenberger and Governor Cuomo, although they must be removed from authority, they like the Apostle Paul can have an encounter with Jesus, receive His mercy and forgiveness like anyone can and they can become some of the greatest witnesses for Christ the world has ever seen. Justice demands their resignations from their positions of power and authority though now.
Please donate and support this vital Civil Rights Movement. Thank you.
If you have any tips or knowledge of sexual assaults, rapes, deaths or cover-ups please call the Jonathan Carey Foundation sexual abuse & death tip hotline @ (518) 475-7500
The Jonathan Carey Foundation
email us here
The incredible life and tragic preventable death of Jonathan Carey, who was disabled, had autism, was non-verbal & only 13 when he was killed by his caregivers
Source: EIN Presswire